- How long does it take to make and ship a barrel head?
Our lead time is about 2 weeks to ship.
- Does the guest book include hanging hardware?
Yes, the guest book does include hanging hardware.
- What is the difference between the hanging version and the guest book?
The barrel heads we use for guest books are hand picked to minimize gaps and other blemishes and then sanded smooth to ensure a suitable surface for signatures.
- Are these authentic, used barrel heads?
Yes, all of our barrel heads come from used bourbon / whiskey barrels .
- What type of pen should I use for the guest book?
We suggest using a fine point black sharpie pen. Paint pens will also work as well.
- Do I need to seal the guest book after the signatures?
Yes, we recommend using a spray shellac to seal the barrel head after signatures. Make sure all the signatures are dry, lay the barrel head flat and lightly mist the first and second coats of spray shellac. Make sure the shellac dries completely between each coat. Using a brush and shellac can cause the signatures to smudge.
- Is the plate stand included with the barrel head?
No, the plate stand is used as a prop for the photos. You can purchase the plate stand from stores like Hobby Lobby.
- What are the dimensions of the barrel head?
They roughly measure 21″ in diameter and 1″ thick.